Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted for ZWT 6
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 cup seedless blackberry jam
- 3⁄4 cup raisins or 3⁄4 cup golden raisin
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Cream the butter and sugar together then slowly whisk in the eggs.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Stir in the egg mixture, buttermilk, & jam. Flour raisins lightly and gently fold into the batter.
- Pour the batter into 2 buttered and lightly floured 8 inch cake pans. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted & comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack then frost if desired.
I'm SOOOO bummed! I made this recipe and for whatever reason, my cake fell :( I used blackberry & pomegranate jam, currants, and Pamela's gluten-free baking flour and followed the recipe as written EXCEPT I made in a 9x13 pan. I cut the temperature to 350, and baked for 40 minutes. It was rising beautifully, and the next time I checked the oven window, it had fallen. I let it bake and it got done all the way through, I just have a large indentation in the middle of it ~ maybe I could fill it with whipped cream and save the day! The flavor is absolutely delicious ~ you can taste an oh so subtle hint of blackberry in with the spiciness of the cinnamon and nutmeg. DELICIOUS, even if it is UGLY! We're eatin' it by golly!! And for the record, it's great without any frosting! Thanks for posting Nasseh ~ this is a wonderfully delicious recipe. Made for ZWT6 ~ SCANDANAVIA Region and the Queens of Quisine!