Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Don't have a food processer? Tired of attempts at homemade mayo turning out runny and gross?? Try this recipe in a blender and it'll be DYN-O-MITE! I came up with the recipe after many failed attempts and recipe tweaks...Hope you enjoy!
- 1 whole egg, room temp if possible
- 2 egg yolks, room temp if possible
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 cup oil, I use a mix of vegetable and olive
- Add whole egg and egg yolks to the blender and pulse for a few seconds.
- Add lemon juice, vinegar, salt, sugar, mustard and paprika. Pulse for 30 seconds (mixture should be pale yellow and runny).
- Keeping the lid on, with the middle plug removed, blend ingredients, adding the oil SLOWLY (and I mean slowly!) , only a few drops at at time at first, and then in a sloooooow steady stream. Mayo will lighten and thicken before your eyes!
- Add salt, pepper, etc to taste, refrigerate and enjoy! Use within a few days, though -- it won't keep like a store brand.
Excellent recipe. I made this in my Blendtec and didn't have any adjustment issues at all. For the oil, I used 1/3 c coconut oil, 1/3 grapeseed, and 1/3 olive. It was the perfect combination and the oil "popped" when other recipes for mayo never came together for me. Not sure if it was the oil combo I used or the overall recipe and directions. Either way, this is a fantastic recipe! The mayo is absolutely delicious!
Terrific recipe. A note if you don't have dry mustard: you can substitute prepared mustard if you reduce the amount of cider vinegar in the recipe. Prepared mustard is mostly vinegar. The version I made with prepared mustard didn't hold together as well as it did with powdered mustard. (Mustard is an emulsifier so maybe the powdered version just works better.) It's not a problem if you're going to be using it quickly...like for a potato salad...but it will separate after a day or two in the fridge.
Good mayo- perfect size batch- love it!