Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I haven't tried this recipe yet, but down here in South Texas we eat a lot of deer meat and are always trying to find different ways to cook it. I never thought of making meatloaf, but the recipe sounds great!!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground venison
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sage
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix venison and pork sausage with all ingredients EXCEPT soup.
- Shape the mixture into a loaf and place in a baking dish or pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until done.
- Add mushroom soup during the last five minutes of baking.
My family loved this recipe, my husband always worries about a gamy taste and with this recipe there wasn't any. He said it was something he would order from a nice restaurant. Thanks