Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Dad was in charge of making the Turkey stuffing each Thanksgiving. It was the highlight of our meal. Hope you enjoy it as much as we have!
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 16 ounces Jimmy Dean sausage
- 8 ounces Pepperidge Farm stuffing
- 1⁄2 loaf white bread, day old, cubed
- 1 apple, pared and chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth, enough to moisten
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a large pot brown sausage then remove from pot.
- Add butter to the pot and melt, add onion, celery and sauté for about 5 minute All remaining ingredients including sausage and mix together adding enough liquids to moisten.
- Stuff turkey neck cavity and body loosely. and use skewers and string to close.
- Put remaining stuffing into a buttered casserole and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.