Recipe by ~Bekah~
Complete comfort food. Great on a cold day.
Top Review by Marla Swoffer
Scrumptious! I love the richness and the spark of flavor from the green onions. I made it for two, so I halved the recipe and I also low-carb'd it (I used 2.5 cups of finely shredded cabbage instead of noodles). Thanks Bekah for posting this wonderful comfort food recipe!
- 8 ounces egg noodles or 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 green onions, minced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 2-3 quart casserole with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook noodles as directed on package.
- Brown beef with garlic until cooked through.
- Add salt, sugar and tomato sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine sour cream, cream cheese and onion.
- Layer 1/2 of the noodles then 1/2 of the meat mixture in casserole dish.
- Spread with sour cream mixture.
- Top with remaining noodles and the tomato sauce.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top and bake for another 5 minutes.