Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Complete comfort food. Great on a cold day.
Make and share this Dad's Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 2-3 quart casserole with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook noodles as directed on package.
- Brown beef with garlic until cooked through.
- Add salt, sugar and tomato sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine sour cream, cream cheese and onion.
- Layer 1/2 of the noodles then 1/2 of the meat mixture in casserole dish.
- Spread with sour cream mixture.
- Top with remaining noodles and the tomato sauce.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top and bake for another 5 minutes.
Scrumptious! I love the richness and the spark of flavor from the green onions. I made it for two, so I halved the recipe and I also low-carb'd it (I used 2.5 cups of finely shredded cabbage instead of noodles). Thanks Bekah for posting this wonderful comfort food recipe!
I made this last night, and I was not dissapointed. I did substitute a grated medium onion for the green onions (didn't have green onions on hand). I also used non-fat sour cream, non-fat cream cheese, and I used light cheese. I had a wonderful taste. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Bekah, this is a great casserole! I honestly had my doubts because there didn't seem to be enough spice in it for me. I was wrong! I took a spoon and had a bite of the creamy mixture with the sauce and was really surprised at how good the combo was. Now, I did have one issue with this - and this isn't a deal breaker, but I didn't cover the pan and wish I had because my noodles got a little crunchy on top. The next time, I would cover with foil and remove the foil while the cheese is melting. Oh! I also added a little more cheese since we are cheese freaks. My family loved this and the green onion in the cheese/sour cream mixture is so good! I served this up with some garlic bread and a glass of wine and the guys both had two huge servings. This will be another regular, thanks for sharing!