Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a knock-off of the Corner Bakery D.C. Chicken Salad. I've tried it with a whole roasted chicken and it's very tasty!
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped into cubes or 1 small whole roasted chicken, deboned and shredded
- 1⁄3 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 granny smith apple, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried currant
- 1 1⁄2 ounces slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- Mix all ingredients together and serve over baby greens or as a sandwich.
this is one of my fave salads ever!
This tastes *exactly* like my beloved Corner Bakery's D.C Chicken Salad. I did have to use 1/2 cup of Miracle Whip to get the right amount of consistency, but otherwise I followed the recipe and it turned out excellent. I served it on fresh baked croissants and got so many compliments! Thank you SO much for posting it!
Very nice combination of sweet and crunchiness. Almonds and apples are a great combination with chicken salad. I had to use more miracle whip than listed. I omitted the currants because I didn't have any. Thanx for sharing this recipe. I'd make this again and maybe add some fresh herbs.