1/1 Photo of Custard Cornbread
My grandma Lorraine Stromgren would listen to WCCO Radio's Joyce Lamont as she broadcasted a daily recipe. My grandma would sit by the radio with pencil in hand to write down those recipe favorites! A cookbook was published in 1979 after 10 years of recipes being broadcasted. Of over 2,000 recipes that had been broadcasted, the cookbook has the recipes that were the listeners' favorites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Put butter in a 9-inch square baking pan, and heat in the oven until butter melts.
- 3Sift cornmeal with flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- 4Beat in 1 cup milk, eggs and buttermilk.
- 5Pour batter over melted butter in baking pan.
- 6Pour 1 cup of milk carefully over the top of the batter- DO NOT STIR.
- 7Bake for 35 minutes, or until bread is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Custard Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.7
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 85.2 mg
- Sodium 747.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 9.0 g