Recipe by Bec
My grandma Lorraine Stromgren would listen to WCCO Radio's Joyce Lamont as she broadcasted a daily recipe. My grandma would sit by the radio with pencil in hand to write down those recipe favorites! A cookbook was published in 1979 after 10 years of recipes being broadcasted. Of over 2,000 recipes that had been broadcasted, the cookbook has the recipes that were the listeners' favorites.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put butter in a 9-inch square baking pan, and heat in the oven until butter melts.
- Sift cornmeal with flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Beat in 1 cup milk, eggs and buttermilk.
- Pour batter over melted butter in baking pan.
- Pour 1 cup of milk carefully over the top of the batter- DO NOT STIR.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until bread is golden brown.