Custard Filled Cornbread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup whipping cream
- Butter an 8-inch baking dish and place it in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and let the dish get hot while mixing the batter.
- Beat the eggs with butter until well blended.
- Add sugar, salt, milk, and vinegar, beat well.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add to egg mixture.
- Mix just until the batter is smooth.
- Pour into heated dish, then pour cream into the center of the batter.
- DO NOT STIR.
- Place in oven and bake 45-55 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm.
- Makes 9 servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!