Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
this is a great substitute for store bought curry powder
- 3 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground fennel
- 3 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- grind the spices in a spice grinder.
- combine and store in a cool dry place for up to 2 months.
Now I know I'll never need to buy curry powder again. Very nice blend of spices, providing a comfortable level of heat with loads of flavour. I have used this in my beef curry and curried cauliflower and it worked well in both! I think this would be a nice thing to package in tiny bottles, wrap up and put in food baskets for the holidays. Thanks chia!
Very nice blend of flavors! This was excellent over a mix of cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots! I can't wait to try it out on other foods. Thanks chia. I will pass this on to my new daughter in law. My son got married last weekend!
Very nice Chia! My experience with curry is very limited (I didn't realize you could make your own!). I made yours and used it in MaeEast's #63495, Curried Cauliflower and we loved it! Thanks so much, I'll never have to buy curry powder again!