Recipe by Sharon123
One of the best dips for crudites. Terrific with broccoli and cauliflower, and other hearty vegetables like carrots. If you use storebought mayonnaise, use the optional yogurt or sour cream to balance the sweet-salty taste. Enjoy!
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
I used a mildly spiced Major Grey Mango Chutney to make this dip. Since I used commercial mayo I included the optional yogurt. I love the flavor. It's not very spicy making it suitable for those who don't care for very hot flavors. Made for ZWT8
- 1⁄2 cup mango chutney (preferably Major Greys)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 scallions, finely chopped (use whole scallions)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 -3 limes, juice of
- cayenne pepper, ground
- 1⁄4 cup yogurt (or sour cream) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the chutney if it's chunky and stir it into the mayonnaise along with scallions, curry, and enough lime juice to make it tart but nicely balanced in taste.
- Stir in a pinch of cayenne, or more if desired. Add yogurt or sour cream if using.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Taste before serving to make sure balance is correct and add a little more lime juice if it seems too sweet. Enjoy!