beef fondue with dipping sauces
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 3mins
- 2 lbs beef sirloin or 2 lbs top round beef, cut in cubes
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 dash olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- layer onions, beef, onions, drizzle with oil, refrigerate overnight.
- heat oil to bubbly, keep hot over sterno, dip beef in oil until cooked to your liking.
- for horseradish sauce, mix all ingredients, refrigerate.
- for garlic butter, mix all ingredients, refrigerate.
- for bernaise sauce: combine vinegar, water and pepper in double boiler.
- add egg yolks, stir constantly.
- slowly add butter, stirring as it thickens.
- add lemon juice, tarragon, salt& pepper- if sauce is too thick add a drop of water.
Join The Conversation
I tried the horseradish sauce and the garlic butter to go with the beef, chicken and shrimp we cooked in the Imperial Fondue broth. I liked the horseradish sauce but a couple of people thought it lacked kick. Maybe a little less sour cream and a little more horseradish next time? The garlic butter was out of this world....but then I'm a huge garlic fan!! I doubled the garlic and was generous with the chives (I used dried chives). This tasted great with the shrimp and was really good on bread too!!
Love it! This is a traditional special occasion meal for us too...Christmas or New Years Eve, Valentines Day, Anniversary. A great way to relax over dinner! The sauces were great. We always served clarified butter, but LOVE the garlic butter here. If I might add one more of our super easy favorites, mix sour cream and A-1 sauce (about 2 parts to 1). Creamy with just the right amount of seasoning to perk up the steak chunks! I like to serve Steak Fondue with a Baked Potato and a big salad. I'm always suprised how many people have never had fondue. Suprise someone by planning this fun and yummy recipe!