Recipe by HisPixie
The soup is easy to make with only a few ingredients. It's a simple puree of roasted cauliflower and onions with a touch of curry powder and cayenne pepper. The honey is not there to sweeten the soup, but rather to contrast the spiciness. From Sundaynitedinner.com
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets (6 cups)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 onions, sliced thick
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spread cauliflower florets on a baking sheet, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast until florets are browned, about 25 - 30 minutes.
- In a medium stockpot, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until they turn brown. Stir in curry powder and cook until fragrant, 1 - 2 minutes. Add chicken stock, water and cauliflower. Cover and bring to boil and then simmer until cauliflower is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Puree the soup with a stand or immersion blender until smooth. Return to pot if using a stand blender, reheat if necessary. Add cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taste. Serve in bowl with a drizzle of honey.