Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is from a recipe book that came with the SmartWare baking set that my Grandma Retha sent me for my birthday.
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped chutney
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup cholesterol-free fat free egg substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute the onion, sweet red pepper and apple in margarine in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in chutney, curry powder and marjoram.
- Reduce the heat; cover the skillet and cook for 3 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Place turkey in a large bowl.
- Add vegetable mixture, bread crumbs, egg substitute and salt.
- Mix well with clean hands to blend.
- Pack the mixture into a bundt pan, smoothing down the top.
- Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees until browned and firm.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan.
- Loosen around edge and central tube.
- Invert onto a serving platter.