Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I made this during the week for a wintry night - taken from June 2007 issue of Super Food Ideas.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄4 kg orange sweet potatoes, diced into 2cm cubes
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 large apple, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 cup coconut cream
- Heat oil in large pot and add onion and garlic.
- Cook till tender and add curry powder.
- Cook, stirring till aromatic - about 1 minute.
- Add sweet potato, stock and apple.
- Bring to boil.
- Simmer, partially covered for 45 minutes.
- Cool then blend with stick blender and season to taste.
- Reheat gently adding coconut cream.
- Add more stock if too thick.
- Serve with buttered toast.
I made a full serve and 3 of us nearly devoured the lot as a light dinner tonight with Nif's recipe #387848 - a thoroughly enjoyable meal thank you katew, made for Every Day A Holiday.
YUMMY!! This soup was just delicious! I used vegan chicken seasoning and water for the broth to make it a vegan soup and my family and guest loved it! Enjoyed this with some chapatis on the side. Thanks!! Made for Aussie/Kiwi Swap #22.
This soup was too simple to make and the taste- delicious. The soup was creamy, curry and savoury sweet. A great blend of flavours. Thanks for another really tasty recipe. Photo also being posted