Curried Lentil and Vegetable Soup
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons curry powder, I use mild
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry green lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 1 red apple, peeled and diced
- 1 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 liter stock, i use vegetable stock
- Heat oil in large saucepan.
- Add curry powder and vegetables.
- Cook for 4 or 5 minutes till aromatic.
- Add lentils, apple, tomato and stock.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 50 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Serve when mixture is thickened and lentils are tender.
Join The Conversation
Very tasty! My husband and I both enjoyed it very much and are happy there are leftovers. Sometimes lentil soups seem to be dominated by the lentils but this had a great balance and variety of flavors in every bite. Definitely a winner! I substituted a can of diced tomatoes for the fresh tomato since I didn't have fresh available.