Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe I got from a dear friend while she was on the Atkins diet. I just fell in love with the flavor. I now make them as an appetizer for Thanksgiving every year. I never make the old mayo mixture anymore. I hope you enjoy!
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper
- Cut the eggs in half, remove the yolks and place them in a bowl.
- Reserve the whites.
- Add the mustard, mayonnaise, curry powder, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper to the egg yolks and mix well.
- Divide the yolk mixture evenly among the reserved whites, mounding it slightly.
- Serve immediately or store, covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
I loved stuffed eggs, and this version was very different and delicious! I added a bit more mayo....think my yolks were bigger than normal. I used organic, cage free eggs....not sure if that had something to do with it. Loved the curry flavor!!
I liked that the curry flavor here is mild. It makes for a recipe most would still enjoy even if not expecting a touch of exotic in the standard deviled egg tray. Like others, I found the mixture was dry as written. Next time I will add more mayo, but otherwise make no changes. Thank you for sharing your recipe!
I love deviled eggs and this is a good one. The mix was a little dry for me so I added some more mayo. Made for PRMR.