LOW CARB Key Lime Cheesecake
I was searching the 'net for low carb. cheesecakes 'cuz my dad is on The Atkins diet. I came across this one and made it right away. My dad was so happy and he really enjoyed it, he even shared it the next day with my grandma and friends who are also on the Atkins diet.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1⁄2 cup ground almonds (or walnuts, or pecans)
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (1/3 ounce) box sugar-free lime gelatin
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese (it has the lowest carbs for some reason)
- 3 tablespoons key west lime juice
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- For Crust: Mix grounds nuts and 3 tbls.
- Splenda, add melted butter.
- Press on bottom of a pie plate.
- Let chill in refrigerator.
- MAke Filling: Mix water w/lime gelatin.
- Set in refrigerator to PARTIALLY set up.
- In a bowl, whip heavy cream (set aside).
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, key lime juice and 1 cup Splenda until smooth.
- Very lightly mix in partially set lime gelatin.
- Fold in whipping cream.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Chill 2-3 hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made for a diabetic dinner guest. For only being 3 ingredients and taking 10 minutes, it was decent. Tasted more like a firm pudding texture than cheesecake though. It looked boring, so I dressed it up with sliced strawberries and lemon zest sprinkled on top. This made the presentation a lot better.Reply