Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Surprisingly simple to prepare; yet full of flavor and a spicy- zing!
- 4 chicken thighs, skinned and boned
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 2 medium green onions, cut in 1/2-inch pieces, plus 1/8 cup chopped for garnish
- 1 (16 ounce) bagfrozen zucchini, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice
- 1⁄2 cup dried currant
- 10 cooked shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1 lime, cut into wedges (garnish)
- Wash chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl mix together 1 teaspoon of the curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon of the ground ginger, the garlic powder and the paprika; rub seasonings over both sides of chicken.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat until almost hot. Add the seasoned chicken and, turning once, cook for 4 minutes until golden brown on both sides.
- Push chicken to one side of the skillet; add the remaining curry powder and ginger, black pepper, salt and green onions to the empty side of the skillet. Stir for 1 minute to release the flavors.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet; set aside keeping it warm.
- To the skillet add the zucchini and broth; cover; bring to a boil.
- Stir in the rice and dried currants; cover; remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes until the rice is tender; blend well. Add the cooked shrimp and blend well again.
- Place chicken on rice and shrimp mixture; cover and cook over LOW HEAT for 1 minute until chicken is hot (COOK'S TIP: If desired, cut chicken pieces in half).
- Top chicken with lime wedges and chopped scallions; serve immediately.