Curried Rice, Bacon and Cabbage Pilaf
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Add 4 tablespoons butter to drippings in skillet; melt.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger, Sauté over medium-high heat 5 minutes.
- Add rice, curry powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir 1 minute.
- Add broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium. Stir, cover and simmer until broth is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining butter in large pot over medium-high heat. Add cabbage; sauté 3 minutes. Mix in tomatoes and green onions. Season with salt and pepper. Stir rice mixture into cabbage.