Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great recipe that I changed a bit from Food Network Magazine.
Make and share this Curried Potato Fritters recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 -4 large eggs
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- vegetable oil, for frying
- mango chutney, for serving
- Prick the potatoes all over with a fork and microwave until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Peel the potatoes, then transfer to a large bowl and mash with a fork until almost smooth. Mix in the cottage cheese, peas, curry powder, 2 tablespoons flour, and salt. Let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a shallow bowl. Put 1 cup flour in another bowl and the panko in a third bowl.
- Form the potato mixture into about 24 golf ball-size portions, then gently flatten into 2-inch patties. Dredge each patty in the flour, shake off any excess, dip in the eggs, then dredge in the panko, turning to coat. Fry the patties in batches in a deep fryer until golden, turning as needed, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon. Serve with chutney.