Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
this is an ultra quick version of the fish stew my mother used to make - pure velvety comfort
Make and share this Curried Fish Stew, Goan Style recipe from Food.com.
- 907.18 g grouper (can also use sole, mahi-mahi or other light, non flaky fish)
- 59.14 ml fresh lemon juice
- 8.62 ml salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 19.71 ml fresh minced ginger
- 236.59 ml coconut milk
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 1.23 ml turmeric
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 1-4 jalapeno
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 177.44 ml water
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- combine lemon juice, 1 tsp salt, and fish:allow to marinate outside refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- Seed, core, and chop the tomatoes into cubes, slice onion, mince jalepenos.
- Puree garlic, ginger, coconut milk, coriander, cumin, sugar, pepper, cayenne, and turmeric in a blender.
- Heat oil and cook onion until golden: add tomato and cook 5 minute.
- Add puree, jalepenos, water, and remaining 3/4 tsp salt and bring to a simmer.
- Add fish and 1 tbsp of the marinade and simmer until fish is cooked.