This is a classic Cajun dish - a rich and spicy fish stew that's served over rice. Courtbouillon is pronounced "coo-bee-on" here in south Louisiana.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 6 lbs redfish fillets
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 -4 cups hot water
- Cut the fillet in 2" cross sections and set aside.
- Melt butter in dutch oven, then add flour and stir until brown.
- Add vegetables and saute until soft.
- Add tomato sauce and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add parsley, bay leaves, thyme and gradually stir in hot water.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Drop fish in and cook another 30 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation