Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe that I adapted from one of my cookbooks.
- 1 lb imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (or more, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- soy sauce
- Cook onion & garlic in margarine until tender.
- Stir in flour.
- Combine milk, coconut milk, curry & bouillon. Gradually add the milk mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Over medium heat, cook & stir until thickened.
- Add lemon juice, reduce heat & simmer 10 minutes.
- Add imitation crab meat & cook 10 minutes longer.
- Serve over cooked rice with soy sauce.