Recipe by weekend cooker
an easy quick side dish, with little preparation time.
Top Review by Outta Here
This is one of the best couscous dishes I have had! Great combination of flavors. I made a couple of changes, though. We don't care for raisins, so I used dried cranberries, and since they are sweetened, I left out the sugar. I use a spicy curry powder, so this had a nice bite to it. And loved the crunch of the toasted almonds. Went great with a salmon filet. Made for Best of 2011 game.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 fresh green onions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Ina large saucepan, combine chicken broth, raisins, curry powder, and salt and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, and stir in couscous. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and cook uncovered.
- Combine oil, lemon juice, sugar, and almonds and toss with couscous.
- Sprinkle green onion over top and serve.