Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe online from the Snowvillage Inn in Snowville, NH. I haven't tried it yet, so prep time is estimated. I also think I will cut down on the curry powder, as 1 1/2 Tbsp seems like a lot.
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon red currant jelly (or juice of half a lemon mixed with 2 tsp sugar)
- 3 -4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot
- 1 tablespoon stock
- 2 ripe peaches, cut in half
- Brown the chicken breasts slowly in half the oil.
- When brown on all sides, remove from pan and keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil or butter in the same pan.
- Add onion and gently cook until brown.
- Stir in curry powder and cook 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle in flour and cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and pour in stock.
- Add garlic and bring to a boil.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Cover and cook for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer chicken to a casserole dish.
- Strain sauce into a pan.
- Add coconut milk and red currant jelly and simmer 3 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream into curry sauce and thicken if needed with arrowroot made into a paste with 1 Tbsp stock.
- Add peaches and heat.
- Pour over chicken.
- Serve with rice.