1/2 Photos of Curried Chicken With Apples
1 hr 45 mins
Shelly K's Note:
This is spicy, but not too spicy. It's full of flavor and no one ingredient is overpowering. I think it'd be great over plain rice. This is from an old Cooking Light cookbook (1987).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 medium cooking apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons orange rind
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup unsweetened orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1Sprinkle chicken with pepper.
- 2Spray a Dutch oven with cooking spray and put on a burner on medium heat.
- 3Add chicken and brown on each side.
- 4Remove chicken and set aside.
- 5Rinse Dutch oven and recoat with cooking spray.
- 6Add apple, onion, celery, and garlic.
- 7Cook at medium heat stirring constantly until veggies are tender.
- 8Stir in water and next 5 ingredients.
- 9Return chicken to Dutch oven.
- 10Bring to a boil.
- 11Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- 12Combine orange juice and cornstarch, stirring until blended.
- 13Stir into Dutch oven. Bring to boil and cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Chicken With Apples
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.4
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 88.1 mg
- Sodium 603.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 36.1 g