Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 19 mins
There's a wonderful restaurant in Atlanta called Joli Kobe, they make the best chicken curry salad. I happened to find a recipe on food network from Tyler Florence that tastes exactly the same. It's wonderful on top of spring salad with ginger dressing.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, plus
- extra mayonnaise, if you like, for spreading
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup chopped blanched almond, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 8 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 8 slices good-quality dense white bread, such as tuscan
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat until smoking.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Put them in the pan in a single layer, and brown them 2 minutes on each side.
- Put the skillet in the oven and roast until the chicken is just cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Chop the cooled chicken and put it into a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and toss.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread 4 bread slices with mayonnaise, if you like, and spread with the curried chicken.
- Top with another slice of bread and serve.
- You can also take a scoop of chicken salad and place on top of spring salad and serve with ginger dressing.