There's a wonderful restaurant in Atlanta called Joli Kobe, they make the best chicken curry salad. I happened to find a recipe on food network from Tyler Florence that tastes exactly the same. It's wonderful on top of spring salad with ginger dressing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, plus
- extra mayonnaise, if you like, for spreading
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1/4 cup chopped blanched almond, toasted
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 8 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 8 slices good-quality dense white bread, such as tuscan
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Heat the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat until smoking.
- 3Sprinkle the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
- 4Put them in the pan in a single layer, and brown them 2 minutes on each side.
- 5Put the skillet in the oven and roast until the chicken is just cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- 6Remove from the oven and cool.
- 7Chop the cooled chicken and put it into a large bowl.
- 8Add the rest of the ingredients and toss.
- 9Season with salt and pepper.
- 10Spread 4 bread slices with mayonnaise, if you like, and spread with the curried chicken.
- 11Top with another slice of bread and serve.
- 12You can also take a scoop of chicken salad and place on top of spring salad and serve with ginger dressing.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Chicken Salad With Almonds and Raisins
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 551.2
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 76.0 mg
- Sodium 630.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 33.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: