Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From a King's Studios cooking class a couple of years ago. It was very good and I saved the recipe in my box all this time. You may toast the spices and nuts if you like for more flavor. Serve with tomatoes. When soaking dried fruits, soak about 5 minutes in water or cider to plump.
- 2 cooked whole chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup almonds or 1⁄3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries or 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup currants, softened in water to plump
- 1 tablespoon madras curry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, except for the chicken, and mix well.
- Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.