Recipe by Mike Matta
This is the best curried chicken recipe I have ever tasted. It was taken from an old"My Favorite Recipe" card that I had. I just doubled the recipe to allow for more sauce.
Top Review by dale!
This was very tasty. I used one large skinless chicken breasts as I was reducing the recipe to serve two people. I didn't use the cornstarch as the sauce was just right and I didn't want it thicker.Just before serving I stirred some plain yoghurt through the dish as I felt it rounded out the flavours. I served this over brown rice with broccoli.
- 3 lbs cut-up chicken (or about 5 skinless chicken breasts, if you prefer skinless)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 can chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons curry
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large frying pan and cook chicken until brown on both sides.
- Remove chicken and place aside.
- Sautee onions until almost brown.
- Then place garlic and curry and cook for 1 minute.
- Then place ginger and tomato paste, along with the can of chicken broth and mix thoroughly.
- Place chicken back into pan, spooning some of the sauce over the chicken and simmer for 45 minutes.
- When done, mix cornstarch with the cold water and stir it into the sauce until sauce thickens slightly.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with rice.