Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This an amalgamation of several recipes plus just trial and error. My husband loves it with jerk chicken and fried plantains.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 chicken bouillon cubes or 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 head cabbage, shredded
- 1 small tomatoes, sliced
- Saute onions in butter or margarine until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add curry powder, bell pepper, and carrots, saute for a few more minutes.
- Add cabbage, tomato and boullion, saute until the cabbage has reached the desired softness.
We love cabbage and always looking for another way to serve it. Only difference when I made it was to substitute a granny smith apple for the tomatoes - did not care for the tomato texture. I have made a similar one with kale which is also healthy and tasty.
Oh so yummy! I think the carrots need to go in before anything else, however as they weren't on the same crisp-level. I also feel there could be twice as many tomatoes and peppers. I didn't have any bouillon cubes so I sprinkled in about a tsp. of seasoned salt, and the end result was quite tasty!
Great dish to spice up week night meal. I used canola oil instead of butter. Your spicing was just right. Thanks !