Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from Ellie Krieger.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth or 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, plus more
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons plain low-fat yogurt, for garnish
- Heat oil over medium heat in a 6-quart stockpot.
- Add onions and garlic and saute until soft but not brown, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash, broth, curry powder and salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until squash is tender, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat stir in honey and puree in batches in a blender until smooth.
- Season with salt, to taste.
- Ladle into serving bowls and add a dollop of yogurt.