Recipe by Sharon123
A wonderful way to fix the ordinary carrot! Influenced by African spices, try this! This recipe may be halved easily. Adapted from Foodservice Recipes. This is a Middle Eastern/African recipe.
Top Review by Chef floWer
Delicious way of preparing carrots, the only changes I made was the serving size (1.5 cups) and type of mustard (I used grained mustard as I ran out of Dijon mustard). Thank you Sharon123 for another wonderful recipe
- 5676.0 ml water
- 473.18 ml clover honey
- 1892.0 ml carrots, sliced diagonally
- 9.85 ml coriander seeds, whole
- 177.44 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 7.39 ml dijon-style mustard
- 13.55 ml salt, divided
- 6.16 ml ground black pepper, divided
- 59.14 ml ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan over high heat bring 6 quarts water and honey to a boil; Add carrots; simmer until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water; drain again.
- Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- In a small dry skillet over medium heat place coriander seeds. Heat until fragrant, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes; cool slightly.
- Grind coriander in a spice or coffee grinder into a fine powder.
- Place in a bowl along with olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, 3/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper; whisk until combined; set aside.
- Toss carrots with cumin, the remaining 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper and reserved olive oil mixture.
- Serve over bib lettuce, if desired.