1/1 Photo of Cumin Coriander Beef Patties (Kebabs)
C. Taylor's Note:
This is from an amazingly beautiful book called "Mangoes & Curry Leaves". These were so good and would definitely be fantastic in a pita with a bit of tzatziki. The recipe below is as it is in the book, but I added a bit more salt and topped off with a bit of lemon or lime juice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger (or ginger ground to a paste) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne (adjust for your heat preference)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/4-1/2 cup packed chopped coriander leaves (or 1/4 cup minced mint leaves)
- vegetable oil
- 1In a large bowl, mix the meat, ginger (optional), onion, cumin, coriander, cayenne, salt, yogurt and vinegar. Mix well with your hands, mashing and kneading to blend the flavors and get a smooth texture.
- 2Mix in the coriander leaves or mint leaves.
- 3With wet hands shape and firmly press the meat into eight ovals or rounds 3/4-inch thick.
- 4You can then grill the patties on a lightly oiled rack under medium heat, turning after 5 minute and continuing to cook until done. You can also broil them 5 to 7 inches from heating element turning them occasionally and cooking for about 8 minute or pan fry them 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cumin Coriander Beef Patties (Kebabs)
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.2
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 75.7 mg
- Sodium 665.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 23.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: