Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a great summer salad with healthy fiber. You can adjust the seasoning to your taste. This is a combination of recipes I gathered from Allrecipes site.The cook time is the chilling time. Enjoy!
- 3⁄4 cup canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped in large pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄2 large English cucumbers or 1 regular cucumber, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (I used Lennie's #39780)
- 12 pitted kalamata olives
- Chop and slice veggies, using yellow or red bell peppers for color.
- Mix all ingredients together with the mayonnaise.
- Allow to chill and flavors to blend.
- The tomatoes make this a little juicy so use a slotted spoon when serving.
- Use whatever combination of spices you like.
Really good!!! I just mixed it and it is chilling, but right out of the starting gate is was great! I used fresh dill and basil and omitted the olives. Thanks so much for sharing!!!!
This was really yummy and different from the usual salads we had. Thanks for a great recipe!
Very nice salad! I doubled this to take to a potluck and ended up making a couple small changes. I used 4 large green onions, 18 kalamatas, and did not double the dill or basil. I also ran out of mayo so only used about 2/3 cup, but that turned out to be the perfect amount for my taste. Thanks for the recipe!