Recipe by Valerie in Florida
Courtesy of Wolfgang Puck, one of my favorite chefs
Top Review by Juju Bee
I remember having a cucumber salad at a resturant a while back and I loved it, so I tried re-creating it with your recipe. It came out very nice, the only thing I did differently was to add a bit more sugar (well, in my case I used sugar sub) to balance out the salty taste a bit. Also, as the other reviewer mentioned, I did not peel or seed anything and it was still lovely. Too bad I ran out of sesame seeds because I am sure that would have made a wonderful addition! Thanks!!
- 2 cups thinly sliced japanese cucumbers (I use english cucumbers)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel cucumbers, cut lengthwise, seed and slice into thin half moons.
- In large bowl, combine cucumbers and salt and mix well.
- Add sugar, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil and mix well.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and mix.
- Let marinate for 20-minutes before serving.
- Adjust seasonings before serving.