Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
There are tons of different cucumber salad recipes this one more reminds me of the tomato salad recipes with the exception of there are no tomatoes in the original recipe. So I added them as an optional item. I also got this on Facebook it was shared from a closed group.
- 7 cups unpeeled pickling cucumbers, sliced thin (about 7 large dills)
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 cups sugar (I would substitute with stevia for lower carb)
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- Mix vegetables and salt.
- Then set aside.
- Put vinegar, sugar, celery seed and mustard seed in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and let cool for one hour.
- Pour mixture over cucumbers.
- Put in jars and store in refrigerator.
- Will keep up to 2 months.