Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
my mom loves this dish, said her mom made it the same way
Make and share this cucumber salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cucumbers, sliced thin
- kosher salt
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- dill, to taste
- put sliced cucumbers in colander.
- add salt, and press with plate covered by a heavy can, for 30 minutes.
- rinse, and in bowl add remaining ingredients.
- chill up to several days, and serve.
So easy, so good. I made it on Sunday & had some with lunch today. They are crunchy & crisp. Be sure to press the cukes as the recipe says to get excess water out, I dried the cukes after rinsing them. As suggested let them sit at least a couple of days Thanks Chia very good recipe
I like this at lot. I use white onion because I always had a cucumber and white onion salad as a kid. This has nice flavor and is a good thing to have to augment meals.
This was very quick and easy to make, very few ingredients, and was refreshing and delicious. It keeps well and gets better as it sits for a while. Very nice recipe, a keeper!