1/2 Photos of Cucumber Salad
larrys girl's Note:
This recipe is very tasty and different from the usual cucumber and onion salad. It is richer in flavor, because I use (VEGENAISE - ORIGINAL) instead of mayonaise. Use the "Original" not the grapeseed vegenaise. Vegenaise is FREE of dairy, eggs and glutens. You can buy Vegenaise at Sprouts or Vitamin Cottage. The red kidney beans and mushrooms also make it different from the usual cucumber salad, but very delicious. Everytime I make this salad, my husband comes back for seconds and thirds. I always double the recipe. It makes a wonderful side dish to any meal. NOTE: You may want to soak the cucumbers in salted water first then drain & blot dry with a paper towel before adding to ingredients, this keeps your cucumbers from making the vegenaise watery.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 cucumbers (sliced thick, See Above NOTE)
- 1/4-1/2 small red onion (sliced very thin)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans (rinsed & drained)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms (drained)
- sea salt (to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise (ORIGINAL)
- dill weed (to taste, can use fresh or dry, I use plenty if using dry)
- 1Put the first (5) ingredients in a bowl and mix, then set aside.
- 2In another small bowl mix the Vegenaise & Dill together.
- 3Blend the Vegenaise mixture and the Cucumber mixture together.
- 4Refridgerate for about 15 - 20 minutes before serving.
- 5ENJOY !
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cucumber Salad
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.1
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 53.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.2 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 23.8 g