Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cool refreshing low carb addition to a summer meal.
- 1 long English cucumber, sliced thinly crosswise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 medium shallots, sliced thin
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- Toss cucumber and salt and lets stand in colander for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Pat cucumber dry with paper towels and put in bowl.
- Stir in vinegar, Splenda, shallots and jalapeno.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.