Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love to serve this dish when we cook on the grill in the summertime. It's so refreshing on hot days. This was printed in a cookbooklet that I received in one of our swaps.
- 2 English cucumbers
- 1 cup thinly sliced radish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons red onions, minced
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Peel the cucumbers, halve lengthwise and scrape out the seeds.
- Thinly slice the cucumbers on the diagonal.
- Combine the cucumbers and radishes in a colander; toss together with the sea salt.
- Top the vegetables with a plate that will fit inside the colander and weight the plate with a heavy item to help the veggies drain.
- Drain the vegetables in the sink for about 20 minutes, squeeze them between paper towels to dry, then transfer to a bowl.
- Combine the red onion, cider vinegar, olive oil and sugar.
- Pour over the cucumber and radishes; toss to combine.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and serve immediately.
Great stuff...change it up with a cup of honeydew melon for a great summer treat...love it both ways!
Delightful, refreshing, healthy raw food dish!! Next time, though, I need to take the time to let the vegetables drain and toss them in my salad spinner. This will be a regular this Summer Dreamgoddess, thank you!
Everything in it to love! I used the salad spinner after draining in the sink. I made the dressing, delicious and my hubby put miracle whip on his anyway. He had the COMBO!I will make again and again! Thanks for posting.