Top Review by bella214
I thought this salad was so refreshing. The dressiing had a nice sweet tart flavor. The combination of fruits and vegetables was unusual but worked well together. Looked beautiful too. Thanks Dancer^.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peeled cored diced fresh pineapple, in 1/3 inch pieces
- 1 cucumber, peeled,sliced thin
- 1 carrot, peeled,julienned
- 1⁄3 cup thinly-sliced red onion
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring sugar, rice wine vinegar and water to a boil in a heavy saucepan.
- Stir constantly until reduced to about 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and place into refrigerator.
- When chilled, add pineapple pieces.
- Cover and return to refrigerator for one hour.
- Add cucumber, carrot and red onion to the pineapple mixture.
- Mix well.
- Place salad greens onto plates.
- Top with pineapple mixture.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, serve.