Recipe by JenSmith
This drink is very refreshing with the light flavors of cucumber, honeydew, and mint. Great for a hot summer day!
- 1 cup packed fresh mint leaves (no substitutes)
- 8 cups water
- 1 small fresh cucumber, unwaxed, thinly sliced
- 1 small honeydew melon
- mint sprig (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, bring water and mint leaves to a boil. Remove from heat. Set aside to steep until water is cool.
- When mint tea is cool, strain through a paper towel-lined sieve and pour into a pitcher.
- Slice the cucumber into thin slices. Add to tea.
- Cut honeydew melon in half and clean out the seeds. Use a melon-baller or ice cream scoop on the flesh of the honeydew. Add about half of the melon balls to the tea.
- Refrigerate the tea for 12-24 hours.
- To serve, pour into a tall glass over ice. Add a mint sprig and a melon ball or two for garnish. Enjoy!
- You may sweet the drink with a little sugar or simple syrup if desired.
- NOTE: It is imperative to use only an unwaxed cucumber, as the wax will cause the tea to cloud and carry a bad flavor. If you cannot find unwaxed cucumbers, simply peel before slicing.