Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From Quick Cooking. I haven't tried this yet, but I am always looking for different crock pot recipes.
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 beef cube steaks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope mushroom gravy mix
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion gravy mix
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Add steaks, a few at a time, and shake until completely coated.
- In a skillet, cook steak in oil until lightly browned on each side.
- Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add the onion and 2 cups water.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a bowl, whisk together gravy mixes with remaining water.
- Add to slow cooker; cook 30 minutes longer.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or noodles.