Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found this in one of my old recipe boxes. Forgot how good it was. It's a very simple meal to make and the combination of the consume and tomatoes gives it a great taste. My family now has this dish frequently on their request list!
- 3 large cube steaks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes (Crushed)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- breadcrumbs (To thicken gravy)
- Saute onions in oil until tender-- remove from pan and set aside Brown steaks in same pan Combine all ingredients including onions with steaks and simmer covered for 1/2 hr.
- Uncover and thicken gravy with bread crumbs.
- Cook for about 15 more minutes.
This isn't bad, but really didn't care for it. It's a qiuck fix of Swiss steak. I think I would rather use four and water to thicken rather than the bread crumbs.