Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a tangy garlic garlic-citrus sauce that is as beautiful to serve as it is to eat. I serve this along side sweet potato empanadas and carnitas. The recipe is from Sara Perry's "Everything Tastes Better with Garlic" by way of the Best American Recipe series. All of the ingredients should be fresh.
- 6 medium garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced (I omit)
- Blend the garlic, zest, juice, cumin and salt in a blender until the garlic is finely chopped.
- With the machine running, slowly add the oil in a thin stream until emulsified.
- Transfer to a small bowl and season to taste with pepper.
- Stir in the cilantro.
- The mojo can be made up to four days ahead, covered and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before serving.