1/1 Photo of Crusty Herb Fried Chicken (Baked)
1 hr 45 mins
When I was growing up in W.Va. my mother would make this for sunday dinner. I have made this for my children all there lives and they just love it. It comes out nice and crispy. It's from "Favorite Recipes of America" 1968
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle chicken with thyme and marjoram. let stand for 30 minute to 1 hour.
- 2Roll in flour and fry in hot fat or salad oil just long enough to brown on both sides.
- 3Remove and place in baking pan.
- 4Sprinkle with rosemary, parsley, salt and pepper.
- 5Pour water into frying pan and stir thoroughly scraping bits from bottom of pan.
- 6Pour liquid over chicken.
- 7Bake at 375 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.
- 8Prep time includes stand time.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crusty Herb Fried Chicken (Baked)
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 952.2
- Calories from Fat 675
- Total Fat 75.0 g
- Saturated Fat 29.5 g
- Cholesterol 223.0 mg
- Sodium 461.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 47.4 g