When I was growing up in W.Va. my mother would make this for sunday dinner. I have made this for my children all there lives and they just love it. It comes out nice and crispy. It's from "Favorite Recipes of America" 1968
- Sprinkle chicken with thyme and marjoram. let stand for 30 minute to 1 hour.
- Roll in flour and fry in hot fat or salad oil just long enough to brown on both sides.
- Remove and place in baking pan.
- Sprinkle with rosemary, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Pour water into frying pan and stir thoroughly scraping bits from bottom of pan.
- Pour liquid over chicken.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Prep time includes stand time.
I really liked this recipe.I used 2 bone-in chicken breasts and baked them for about 1 hour.They were very moist and tasty.Great recipe.
This was really very good. Very easy to prepare and a nice balance of herbs. We did find that the taste was improved by sprinkling lemon juice over the chicken before the oven stage (hence the four stars) but this may be purely a taste preference on our part. Certainly worthy of five stars if you are not a lemon junkie.
Hi, I've got to try this recipe of yours. It looks fabulous in the picture. I'm starving already. Hope you can post some more of your favorite recipes. Thanks for sharing. Glen of Coolidge, Arizona