Recipe by Howdy
When I was growing up in W.Va. my mother would make this for sunday dinner. I have made this for my children all there lives and they just love it. It comes out nice and crispy. It's from "Favorite Recipes of America" 1968
- 3 1⁄2 lbs chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 3⁄4-1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup fat or 3⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with thyme and marjoram. let stand for 30 minute to 1 hour.
- Roll in flour and fry in hot fat or salad oil just long enough to brown on both sides.
- Remove and place in baking pan.
- Sprinkle with rosemary, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Pour water into frying pan and stir thoroughly scraping bits from bottom of pan.
- Pour liquid over chicken.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Prep time includes stand time.