When I was growing up in W.Va. my mother would make this for sunday dinner. I have made this for my children all there lives and they just love it. It comes out nice and crispy. It's from "Favorite Recipes of America" 1968
- Sprinkle chicken with thyme and marjoram. let stand for 30 minute to 1 hour.
- Roll in flour and fry in hot fat or salad oil just long enough to brown on both sides.
- Remove and place in baking pan.
- Sprinkle with rosemary, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Pour water into frying pan and stir thoroughly scraping bits from bottom of pan.
- Pour liquid over chicken.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Prep time includes stand time.