Recipe by KaraRN
I came up with this when I was among the many doing the Atkin's Low Carb dieting... This was something tasty without all the carbs. You may have to play with the measurements a bit as I never measured it, I just dumped it in a bowl all together and mixed it adding as I saw fit.
Top Review by Angi E.
I absolutely loved this recipe. I had the mixtures of 3 cheese shredded and Tex Mex shredded cheese, and I used those and I probably used a little less spinach, but for the most part I followed this recipe to a T and loved it. My daughter is a Quiche lover but doesn't like spinach and she came back for seconds!!
- 283.49 g package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 6 eggs
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml cottage cheese
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 236.59 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 118.29 ml milk
- 118.29 ml bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon (as crispy as you like) and crumble. Drain on paper towels to absorb excess grease and set aside.
- Saute onion just a bit so they won't be crunchy in your quiche. Place with bacon on yor paper towel.
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add cheeses, milk, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Mix in bacon and onions. Stir in spinach.
- Put in sprayed 9 inch pie pan or 8x8 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into quiche comes out clean.