Recipe by Deantini
This is another version of my other recipe for Crustless Quiche - this one is lower in fat as it has no butter, feta instead of cheddar and a bit of bacon.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
This is an excellent crustless quiche, fabulous texture and really great flavour. I found the addition of grated potato very interesting. I didnt want to add the potato and onion raw, so I cooked them off with the bacon, just meant constant moving around in the skillet so the potato didnt stick. I just cooked enough to be soft. I liked the feta in this, very nice change from cheddar, in fact I think that this is my new favourite and I heartily recommend it. I did use dried basil, which I felt was fine in this dish. Thank you, Deantini, very good recipe, made for ZWT8 Family Picks.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup self rising flour
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 small onion, shredded on cheese grater
- 1 medium potato, shredded on cheese grater
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil