Recipe by Shar-on
This recipe is from a Weight Watches Favorite Recipes Cookbook based on the Quick Start Plus Program. I enjoyed this recipe many years ago when I was on WW.
Top Review by jacee23
I made this quiche years ago and had forgotten about. I fixed it again and still think it's great. I did make a few changes. I used imitation crab and egg beaters. Lowered the cholesterol count a lot and still tastes great.
- 4 ounces frozen crabmeat
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray an 8 inch glass pie plate with a nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Thaw and thoroughly drain the crab meat, then flake.
- Mix together crab meat, cheese and onions, then with the back of a spoon, press mixture over bottom and up sides of sprayed pie plate.
- Whisk together in a medium mixing bowl beating eggs, milk, salt, mustard and pepper.
- Pour over crab meat mixture, then sprinkle with paprika and bake until set, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Variation: Shelled and deveined cooked shrimp may be substituted for crab meat.