Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a recipe that I put together because I wanted a low-carb, high protein dish with crab. It is baked the same way as a quiche, except there is no crust.
- 3 eggs (I use egg substitute)
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 (13 ounce) can crabmeat, drained
- Tabasco sauce, to taste (I use 3-4 "shots")
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Heat up a non-stick skillet. Place 1 tablespoon canola oil in heated skillet. Sauté sliced mushrooms on medium heat until browned and soft. Take off heat and set aside.
- Grate the Gruyere cheese, set aside.
- Chop the green onions; set aside.
- Pour 1 tablespoon canola oil into a quiche pan (or deep pie pan) and spread inside the bottom and sides; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, add eggs, milk, mayonnaise, cornstarch and Tabasco sauce. Mix using a whisk until smooth.
- Arrange crab, cheese, green onions and mushrooms in the quiche pan evenly.
- Pour egg mixture into the pan.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 35-40 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool 5-10 minutes, slice and serve.
Loved this! I used fake crab and it was wonderful. I used chives instead of green onions and fat free mayo (which made it curdle a bit but didn't effect the taste). I also left off the tabasco because I didn't want it too hot for the kids. A good easy meal. Thanks!
I made this recipe for Christmas Eve along with several others and it was liked by all. You would not have know it was lower if calories than the others. I will make this recipe again.